Niacinamide (Vitamin B3)
B3 with Niacinamide
- Westcoast Naturals Vitamin B3 is an active form of Niacin which does not cause flushing or skin irritation
- Niacinamide and niacin are twin vitamins with B3status, but they’re not identical. The difference is that niacinamide is bound with amino acids, which prevents the flush effect (burning or tingling sensation of the face, chest, or neck) which frequently occurs with niacin supplementation.
- Niacinamide is required for the proper function of fats and sugars in the body and to maintain healthy cells.
Individual benefits include:
- Immunity. Niacinamide helps build keratinTrusted Source, a type of protein that keeps your skin firm and healthy.
- Lipid barrier. Niacinamide can help your skin grow a ceramide (lipid) barrierTrusted Source, which can, in turn, helps retain moisture. This is beneficial for all skin types, especially if you have eczema or mature skin.
- Minimizes redness and blotchiness. Niacinamide reduces inflammationTrusted Source, which may help ease redness from eczema, acne, and other inflammatory skin conditions.
- Minimizes pore appearance. Keeping skin smooth and moisturizedTrusted Source may have a secondary benefit — a natural reduction in pore size over time.
- Regulates oil. The benefits of moisture retention aren’t just for those with dry skin types. Niacinimide can also help regulate the amount of oil the sebaceous glands produce and prevent your glands from going into overdrive.
- Protects against sun damage. Niacinamide can concurrently rebuild healthy skin cells while also protecting them from damage caused by ultraviolet rays.
- Treats hyperpigmentation. Some research has found 5 percent niacinamide concentrations can be helpful in lightening dark spots. Benefits were seen after four weeks, but not beyond two months. This benefit may be due to increased collagen production.
- Minimizes fine lines and wrinkles. Research has also found that the same concentration was helpful in reducing some signs of sun damage that come with aging. This includes fine lines and wrinkles.
- Protects against oxidative stress. Niacinamide helps build cells in the skin while also protecting them from environmental stresses, such as sunlight, pollution, and toxins.
- Treats acne. Niacinamide may be helpful for severe acne, especially inflammatory forms like papules and pustules. Over time, you may see fewer lesions and improved skin texture.
MEDICINAL INGREDIENT - EACH CAPSULE CONTAINSVitamin B3 (Niacinamide) ………………………………… 500 mg
NON-MEDICINAL INGREDIENTSMagnesium Stearate (Non-GMO Vegetable Source), Gelatin (Capsule).
DOES NOT CONTAINDairy, egg, artificial preservatives, colours, artificial sweeteners, yeast, wheat, soya, gluten, or GMO ingredients.
RECOMMENDED USE OR PURPOSEA factor in the maintenance of good health. Helps the body to metabolize carbohydrates, fats and proteins. Helps normal growth and development. Helps to prevent niacin deficiency.